Maybe you're not like me and the aforementioned as well as the unmentioned (infertility) is worse than being fat…this may not be the blog for you. I plan on irreverently, humorously and sarcastically sharing my weight loss journey as I run full speed (hopefully reaching my target heart rate) at the wall that is PCOS…But, before you go, take note: I did use the words "sharing" and "journey"…I can't be that bad.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The stats…AKA the cold hard truth…

Age  31
Height 5'6"
Starting Weight  183 lbs
Today's Weight 181.0 lbs
Since last weigh-in -0.4 lbs
Total since first weigh in -2.0 lbs
What the BMI chart has the nerve to say about me today 29.2=Obese

I usually don't post the "Cold Hard Truth" 2 days in a row, maybe just to keep up the facade that I am not slightly obsessed and that I don't weigh myself everyday. I just wanted to report that I am back on the losing side (that being a positive thing since this is in reference to weight loss) and within one day of being home from the hospital (my one year old daughter had surgery last Thursday) I feel a big difference...of course I have more control over my food options and I am a lot more active. It sort of stinks because I was hoping to show that my journey was possible anywhere even in the least likely of circumstances, but I really just didn't feel like it and the scale reflected that yesterday (my first day out of the hospital). 

Here is the other cold hard truth, I do weigh myself everyday, when I have access to my own scale. Sure most experts will recommend that you don't for several reasons, but as we've discussed a few times already...when you have PCOS you are the exception. Weekly weigh-ins don't work for me personally, because with PCOS my weight fluctuates dramatically. I can gain 10 lbs in a week, not just water weight either, weight that will take 2 months of hard work to lose. I have to weigh myself daily to keep tabs on my body and look for patterns in regards to certain food and fast weight gain.

My rules for weighing in to get the most accurate weight. First thing in the morning, after using the restroom and before eating or drinking anything...must be NAKEY NAKEY and use the same scale. Also before your shower, wet hair will add weight.

My daughter is doing really well by the way...she had a stent placed in her right ureter which causes painful bladder spasms. Hopefully these are temporary and will end soon. We are feeling super optimistic about this surgery and the best part...she had the hated nephrostomy tube removed from her back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment